December 21, 2010

OMBRE, HOMBRE.


AND I'M TALKING ABOUT YOUR HAIR.

I know you've seen it... the woman with hair that starts dark up at the roots and gradually blends into a ray of sunshine. More than slightly curious, you assume she did it intentionally especially since she's dressed to the nines in her bourbanian (boho/urban-- you saw it here first!) splendor.

Here's how you do it - Take your favorite hues (one dark version and one light version) and ask your hair stylist to create an ombre blend of color. The darkest color starts at the root and the lightest color goes down to the tips. If your hairstylist has never tried this technique before, run for the hills! You want to make sure they're well-versed. Trust me. This can go very wrong, if not done by a pro.

MUCH PREFER CAMILLA ALVES VERSION OVER GAG'S, BUT WHATEV.
Try a chestnut to a blonde-red or dirty dishwater blonde to this babe's-ready-for-the-beach blonde and you've got the look down pat. Not only is this look extremely bourbanian (there I go again!) fantastic, it is extremely low maintenance. Ask your hairstylist to do it and save yourself a penny or two on every 3-4 week touch-ups. Seriously, who needs that?! I always did believe an au natural look is better anyway (notice I said an au natural "look")... I've got the ombre flavor going myself right now and well, I go for touch-ups about every 4 months (I could stretch it longer). No joke.

ME (CENTER) WEARING OMBRE WITH MY HOMBRES.
You can vary the intensity of the fade by adding more or less color. Personally, I feel if you're going to do it, you want it to look somewhat intentional so that it looks stylish, noticeable in a fantastic way and not at all lazy. You know what I mean.

OUR US WEEKLY OMBRE FRIENDS, SJP, RACHEL BILSON AND ALEXA CHUNG.

If you want more information (if you're a hair stylist and you don't know how to do this, gets to steppin'), check it out here: WHO WHAT WEAR. Boo yeah.

- sister

No comments:

Post a Comment