October 5, 2010

SORRY PONY BOY, LOOKS LIKE THE SOC'S RULE THE SCHOOL...

LOOK FOR VINTAGE LETTERMAN JACKETS EMERGING PAST THE HIGH SCHOOL QUAD THIS YEAR ...


LRG $197.99 - Buy HERE

Champion $84.99 - Buy HERE

Supra $83.90 - Buy HERE

Vintage at Etsy $99.95 - Buy HERE


Let's be honest, I was never a jock and I certainly was not given the time of day by the cheerleaders in my life. The closest I ever came to being a letterman was when a lineman on my freshmen football team held me down and drew the letter L in permanent marker on my forehead. I guess technically I was a Letter - man. 



Despite meager high school beginnings, it does bring me some joy to know that the jerk-wad who wrote on my face is now in jail, and that most of his best friends work hourly jobs within miles of our high school and can be found on any given night chugging beers and high fiving at Club 2me on J street. I like to believe God has a sense of humor. No matter where you fell on the high school food chain, one thing is for sure, the classic letterman jacket is pretty Sweet. The look is fun and classic, and doesn't have to be so literal. Get the black on black from Supra above for an athletic look without the literal class mascot, or go super old school and grab hold of a vintage jacket on sites like Etsy (see above). Add patches that represent who you are and maybe who you were in highschool to make the look more funky and a bit personalized. I'm into this trend and am thinking I might get one with a BIG L on it, just as a reminder of where I come from ;).


- brother

No comments:

Post a Comment