September 3, 2010

ENTER ALEXANDER WANG:

KING OF SIMPLE BEAUTY.

Alexander Wang is a material genius and his Fall 2010 collection fulfills all expectations. Straight out of Parsons School of Design in New York, Wang took the fashion world by storm in 2008 and has yet to slow down. He coins his fashion derivative as "Model off Duty" and wouldn't we all like to have that title? He was noticed originally for his craftsmanship with the cashmere sweater and then the boyfriend jean, but has segued into a beautiful, bold and diverse world of design.
Alexander Wang Ponte Zip Dress buy it HERE
Alexander Wang Scoop Neck Two-Ply Cashmere Mini


It's no surprise to those who know me that I love blacks and grays and all variations of these strong, yet subdued colors. As I get older, it has become increasingly harder for me to branch out of my monochromatic wardrobe of black and then gray. There is no doubt that Alexander Wang is my designer du jour, if for his color selection alone. But that is not the only reason. No, Wang is a serious sleuth with fabric. He combines mesh and cotton with thick knits and pinstriped, high-waisted tuxedo trousers in none other than black and gray and an occasional neutral, like camel. His clothes speak for themselves and therefore need no introduction to the primary palette. His Fall/Winter collection demonstrates this point and leaves me begging for more. You can find his collection everywhere. Another reason I love the Wang. I can say this with absolute certainty, I do not own a single Alexander Wang item that I do not LOVE. It's the God honest truth. I bought these killer gray fringed sandals by Alexander Wang (they are now limited so get 'em while they're hot) and I almost cry every time I wear them... they are that amazing. He just does that to me. If you have yet to purchase one of his items, do it. You have been missing out.

Alexander Wang Dee Fringe Shoe in Gray, Shopbop

Alexander Wang 2010 Fall Collection
Shop Alexander Wang
 Shop Alexander Wang


- sister

No comments:

Post a Comment