March 24, 2011

TIME TO TAKE A LEAP OF FAITH:

IN THIS SEASON'S JUMPSUIT!


I'm obsessed. It's official. I am besotted with this Spring's jumpsuit. Sleeved, capped or long, it really doesn't matter as long as I can pull the ensemble up in one fell swoop and call it a day. Something somewhat reminiscent of the 1980s or maybe it was the '70s? Whatever genre it more appropriately suits, this trend is one I feel is worthy a song of praise. 

While thumbing through the order books at Nordstrom ARDEN FAIR, I came across an item I absolutely had to have. Black, palazzo'd with a high neck, low back and a tie (!), it was a breath of fresh air. Sick of the usual maxi dress or cocktail ensemble laden with leather, I was in love. Sure, I ordered it for a client, but I secretly hoped it wouldn't work out. I wanted it. Celine makes it and it solidifies all that I know to be true about fashion. Clean and sophisticated, but playful and sexy still. This jumpsuit had me at hello.


CELINE JUMPSUIT AT NORDSTROM ARDEN FAIR, COLLECTORS DEPARTMENT
916-646-2400
PRICE UPON REQUEST
If Celine isn't quite in your budget, below are some alternatives that certainly meet my fashion standards and my accountant's budget standards. :-) Think of the jumpsuit like you would think of an elegant pant suit or a pant/blouse combination. Throw on a cropped blazer and it serves either purpose. So chic, so elegant and absolutely stunning on a woman with long, long legs. Beware those under 5'3" of this look unless of course it's a romper (shorts). You will only seem shorter in the pant version of this trend.

ERIN FETHERSTON FOR JUICY COUTURE, $124 BUY HERE
3.1 PHILLIP LIM WIDE-LEGGED JUMPSUIT, $625 AT SHOPBOP

BCBG SHORT JUMPSUIT, $178 BUY HERE

JCREW DENIM JUMPSUIT
SO UTILITARIAN AND CHIC, IT HURTS
$298 BUY
HERE

STELLA MCCARTNEY PALAZZO JUMPSUIT WITH TIE, $925 AT MYTHERESA
Take this knowledge and jump to it. 

- sister


No comments:

Post a Comment