March 18, 2011

HAIR EXTENSIONS THAT DON'T RUIN YOUR HAIR...

IT'S TRUE, IT'S TRUE!

Did I get your attention? For those of us who have a desire for Blake Lively-worthy locks, the solution is finally here. I do not tell a lie. Listen up.

HAIR MUSE, BLAKE LIVELY
I was in for my weekly blow-dry (don't judge, love me for who I am) at Muse Hair Boutique in Sacramento. Katie Neutz was massaging my hair with all sorts of miracle product in hopes of smoothing my color-damaged tresses... a little damage doesn't hurt, right? Don't answer that. She began her colossal, hair-building blow-dry that usually leaves my hair in a state of Brigitte Bardot spectacular-dom, filling my mind with all sorts of fabulous new hair technique information. Call her, call her right now.

WE CAN DREAM OF LOOKING THIS GOOD, RIGHT?
My eyes grow bigger with each new tidbit of information. Then, Marci Landgraf, owner and uber-hairstylist extraordinaire, saunters in the door. Bleach blonde locks waved to perfection in a black tunic blouse and kick-ass knee high boots, I complimented her on her "look," but found myself entranced with her bohemian, edgy fantastic coif.

MARCI LANDGRAF, OWNER OF MUSE HAIR BOUTIQUE
WEARING FLAT LAYING EXTENSIONS

"Marc, your hair looks amazing. It looks so long, too." Marci and Katie smile, "It's not all mine. Shhh...don't tell anyone," Marci confesses. Stop it, stop it right now. "What do you mean?" I say. "It's this new extension process. You literally tape them on so they lay flat on your hair. They are permanent, but they can be removed with a little heat and zero damage to your hair," Marci continues to smile, eyes beaming in that perfect blue color of hers... Oh, snap, I thought. Must get NOW. Katie assures me it will happen. I have long hair already (and lots of it), but I love that huge, bouffant-like look. A look that would be hard to achieve without some... extra hair.

Here's how it works... extension pieces are available in all colors and lengths up to 20 inches and are re-usable for up to 1 year. The stylist will determine how many pieces your coif needs and then connect the flat, taped hair extensions in carefully divided sections to your own hair, creating an invisible natural union. The result? A full head of hair that takes styling to a new level of ease and fabulousness and it LOOKS REAL. No more limp, spaghetti noodle hair. The hair lays naturally, the way it's supposed to. When it's time to take them out, they just slip right out with a solution. Absolutely no damage and you can reuse them, if you like.


The traditional method involves taking small amounts (maybe 20-50 strands) of extension hair (natural or synthetic) and applying to small sections of your own hair by either weaving in, heat fusing, gluing, clamping with metal rods or using waxes and polymers. All of these methods (except for the clamping which is self explanatory) involve coating your own hair with a chemical or foreign substance.
These extensions usually only last a few months before they have to be taken out and completely re-done. The main problem with this method is taking the hair extensions out without damaging your own hair.


Those who know me know that I have been known to make rash decisions in the name of my own vanity. And so it begins. Marci, Katie and I dished some more about the process, how much it costs and how much time it takes (not that much and not that much) and I'm more than intrigued. We schedule my appointment and place an order for the hair (all real) stat. Marci's held this little trick under her sleeve for some time, testing the results on her own hair and a few others and can confidently proclaim its durability and its genuine look. After all, we don't want to walk out looking like a Britney Spears hot mess, now do we?

HOT MESS BRITNEY SPEARS
See for yourself my end results. I have to say, I'm now a be-weaver. Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

 BEFORE...




AND AFTER... 



Try the taped extensions at Muse Hair Boutique. Price varies depending on length of hair. Do it.

- sister

No comments:

Post a Comment