February 7, 2011

JEAN PAUL GAULTIER DOES PUNK ROCK GLAM...

THE WAY IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE DONE.



With sky-high mohawks and a collection of black, Jean Paul Gaultier's Spring Couture Collection 2011 epitomizes punk glam. Huge trenches with ballerina skirts made of crepey satins paired with lace chokers and patent leather gloves, JPG didn't mess around this year. 

NOTICE THE NEON PINK NAILS AND THE ASCOT SCARF TIE AROUND HER NECK.
 I love that though he's showing his Spring collection, it's still colored with black and leather and fishnets. He just took cashmere and had it crocheted. A few holes will lighten any piece up, right? Open toe booties and sheer camisoles (with nothing underneath, I might add) were also front and center on this runway.



 What's that I spy? An off the shoulder, circa 1980s tunic with pleating? Say it ain't so? Or do, because I LOVE. Palazzo pants in black satin. This look below is so futuristic, I almost can't stand it.


Jean Paul Gaultier, you outdid yourself this year. Thank you. Thank you for the fashion inspiration and for always, and I mean always, stepping it up.

- sister

No comments:

Post a Comment