January 19, 2011

MILAN RECAP - BURBERRY PRORSUM


WRAPS THINGS UP IN HIGH STYLE COATS

When we think Burberry we think London. When we think London we think weather - lots of it and constantly changing. Apparently so does Burberry Prorsum's creative director Christopher Bailey. In an interview with GQ Online Bailey said "As a nation, we have this obsession with the weather, and I wanted to explore that, and to celebrate the coat." Well, what Bailey set out to do he knocked out of the park with some of the most radicool coats I have seen in a long time. 

This show has me thinking  - what the hell have I been doing wearing the same three quarter length wool top coats during the long frigid winter that we are forced to endure here in Sactown? Burberry reminds us that while the weather might be all doom and gloom, our attitude doesn't have to be like that. Cheers to this fall 2011 collection and the big smiles it put on my face when I saw the buffalo plaid hunting jacket and the incredible technicolor slickers in shades of caramel and tangerine. Well done and totally unexpected. 

- brother 














No comments:

Post a Comment