December 23, 2010

CHRISTOPHER COLLINS:

HANDSOME AS A DEVIL WITH A CLOTHING LINE THAT SCREAMS SOPHISTICATION.



So, here's the thing, the first time I met Christopher Collins, San Francisco-based fashion designer and final contestant to Lifetime's Project Runway Show, was at our Fashion Gives Back party. He agreed to MC the event and we were more than thrilled... I almost passed out, actually.

SISTER (MARY), CHRISTOPHER, BROTHER (MIKE)
Nervous as he first walked backstage, I expected him to be somewhat stand-offish, a wee bit annoyed with his current state of affairs (appeasing us) and well, downright disinterested. BOY, was I wrong. He was charming and gracious and seemingly excited to be there. Did I mention incredibly handsome? We became insta-friends and like any friend, I want to support his fashion endeavors like crazy. Not that he needs me to do that, of course. This boy's got it going on. His Fall 2011 samples just came in and I'm rushing down to San Francisco to check them out because, well, I want to be the first to own them. Duh!

Check out his Spring/Fall 2010 pieces:







In 2008, after earning his fashion degree from San Francisco State University and working as a creative director for several top designers, Christopher Collins launched his first collection with the help of his childhood best friend/CFO and Creative Director, Erica Filanc Tanamachi (equally charming and sweet). His stuff, and I've touched it and worked with it, is divine. Exquisite materials crafted into a design that only a real artist could create, Christopher Collins' collection is without a doubt, in a league of its own.

Next time you're in San Francisco, stop by his boutique and get a load of his fabulous work. You'll probably catch Christopher in the store with a huge smile on his face. And trust me, you can't say no to that.

- sister

No comments:

Post a Comment