November 29, 2010

SUSTAINABLE STYLE FOR YOUR BABE:

WHAT COULD BE BETTER? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

I, like so many mothers, try very hard to make my household green. We eat almost all organic, locally grown foods, we diaper our children in earth-friendly diapers and pull-ups and all of our household cleaners, down to our mop and spray, are enviro-approved. Why, then, did it seem as though I couldn't manage to find a line of children's clothing that meets my standards both environmentally and fashionably? Our friends, Kathryn and Toria at Koukla Kids, met my pestering plea with a clothing line that falls into the top 10 category of my favorite children designers. I do not tell a lie. Meet Morris & Terry.


This stuff is not only made from organic materials, but it looks good. How sweet are these clam diggers (above right) and vests? I particularly love the hat. I also love that their stuff is found in muted colors like camel, gray and baby blue, bringing it back to earth and all things good, while providing a palette that provides an opportunity for dramatic accessorizing. 



Sweet ties and grandfather sweaters for your little one with hand-sewn buttons and detailed stitching make this line incredibly unique and somewhat reminiscent of our own childhood (you know, the one where Grandma actually made you Christmas sweaters). Morris & Terry is beautifully and wonderfully and sustainably made. My prayers have been answered. Thankfully, one doesn't have to travel far to find these goodies... Check out Koukla Kids on J Street for some of these looks.


Thanks, Morris & Terry for your creative genius. Mother Earth and Mother Mary thank you. :)

- sister

1 comment:

  1. Agreed, Morris and Terry is a great clothing line! Their clothes are not only super cute and comfy, but sustainable!...if only they made those hats for adults as well. :-).

    ReplyDelete