October 27, 2010

I'M HEADED FOR A ROCK REVIVAL...

AND MY DENIM IS LEADING THE WAY.

I remember the first time I saw them... one of my best friend's, Brooke, was wearing them. Dark blue, boot cut, stitched in yellow. It was love at first sight - me and these jeans. Heart beating fast, hard to focus. I'm an addict for fashion that breeds a particular uniqueness, I get the shakes and everything. I literally obsess. And so it happened. The first time I laid eyes on Brooke's Rock Revival denim deliciousness, I tackled her (okay, not literally) and demanded to know where I could find them. She told me, her eyes big and wide and somewhat worried by my frantic behavior, that she picked them up at a local vintage boutique here in town called Fringe (how rock star is that?). They were, of course, gone when I went there. I searched online for weeks until I found them at some obscure denim wherehouse website that has since gone under. My penchant for these jeans remains as strong as the day I bought them. RR re-launched their company in 2008 and was slowly dabbling its way to online stores, but sizes and washes and fits were limited during my original search. I couldn't have been the only one suddenly all-consumed. Much has changed thanks to the rock gods and godesses of fashion.

RR Stephanie Bootcut Jean, $189
Back side of Stephanie Bootcut Jean-- my favorite cut and wash.

And then just like that, last week, while perusing Krazy Mary's boutique, I came across the beloved jean. Hanging there like nobody's business, but as spectacular as ever. I almost cried. Way to go Mary for bringing the RR to Sac. Keep 'em coming. If you don't own them, you should. They are awesome! The detail on the pockets, the buttons and the overall fit. There is amazingly a ton of stretch in this jean and the signature yellow stitching gives these denim doozies added flair, though they come in tamer versions. I like that you can change their look around, too. Go for a bohemian rocker vibe with a flowy, sweet top and floppy fedora or set the stage on fire with some crazy fringed leather jacket and motorcycle boots. Get some for your honey, RR does not discriminate (read: men included in this fashion find).

RR Cline Skinny Stretch in Gray, $148

RR Gray Cline Bootleg, $189

Man's RR Victor Straight Jean, $138
RR Victor Straight Jean Behind ;)
I have always wanted to unleash the hidden bohemian rock star. Thank you, RR

Mary in RR's Debbie Skinny Leg Denim.
Photo courtesy of Lauri Levenfeld at Zoom Photography.

- sister

No comments:

Post a Comment