September 17, 2010

"THE RED SOLE CAME TO ME, AND IT HAD TO STAY WITH ME..."



CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN CLAIMS HIS SIGNATURE RED SOLE WAS A "HAPPY ACCIDENT," BUT BOY ARE WE HAPPY IT HAPPENED.


"I did not really choose the red sole. Its more like the red sole came to me and had to stay with me. It started as a happy accident, which I kept. I was very inspired by pop art so all my drawings were really full of colors. So the first prototype arrives. Its very similar to my designs so I was very happy. But something was missing. Thank God I had this girl with me who was painting her nails. Grabbed her nailpolish - thank you to Chanel for that! I grabbed the nailpolish and I painted the sole."
- Christian Louboutin

Let's say it together... Louboutin. Just makes you happy, doesn't it? If you haven't heard of Louboutin or you don't own a pair yet, pop some xanax and warn your husbands because it's about to get down and dirty. Consider this the cliff notes' introduction, while certainly not suitable for such a fashion genius, to shoe maker Christian Louboutin. There's plenty of time to catch up. Louboutin's red poppin' sea of foot confection makes most of us weak in the knees and with thousands of designs to choose from and more in the machine, it's never too late to start your very own obsession.

As the legend goes, the year was 1976 when Louboutin fell inspired one day at the Musee des Arts Africains et Oceaniens in Paris, which had forbidden any stilettos upon entry. Being the headstrong, passionate artist that he was/is, Louboutin decided to make it his mission to sketch the the most startling marvelous stilettos his mind could conjure. Shortly thereafter, he apprenticed under Roger Vivier (the unofficial creator of the stilleto itself. In other words, the Holy Grail) and later designed for Yves Saint Laurent, Chanel and Maud Frizon. His chaussure profile was one graced with fabulousness, leaving the door wide open for a business and a line that is well, a coveted household name. Here's just a taste of Sir Louboutin's Fall/Winter Runway March. Amaze. 


A sample of my personal collection. So what if I couldn't afford my rent a few times?

Don't say I didn't warn you. Only 70 Days, 12 hours until his Spring 2011 Collection is here!

- sister

No comments:

Post a Comment