September 2, 2010

DON'T GET YOUR FEATHERS RUFFLED.

OR, DO. FALL FASHION SAYS, BRING YOUR PLUME ON.

Whether you are going for glamorous or urban street or bohemian chic, this season is adorned in feathers. For my birthday, my brother bought me a beautiful, locally-made rose gold necklace with a large peacock feather and turquoise stones. I love it. I like to mix it with golds and silvers, scarves and sometimes just bare. I can't seem to take it off. The beauty of the feather is that each plume tells a different story with its variation of hues, textures and patterns, peacock or not. The feather's aesthetic landscape makes it versatile enough to wear with anything. Sewn on to fedoras, hair pins, jewelry, jackets and even shoes, feathers are taking flight.

Eugenia Kim Feather Hat at Neiman Marcus, $485

WGACA Vintage Peacock Feather Earrings at Shopbop, $98 

Robert Rodriguez Ostrich Feather Skirt at Shopbop, $396.00
Alberta Ferretti Runway



When donning this look, however, minimalism is key. Do not overdue the plumage or you will wind up looking like my children's beloved Big Bird. One feathered accessory or one feathered clothing item per person, please. Birds of a feather, we flock together. 

- sister




1 comment:

  1. They have some great feather earrings at Sugar Shack in midtown Sacramento. They are so long they look like color hair extensions. I've also noticed a lot of feather prints for fall, if you can't afford the real plumes: Leifsdottir Feather Fiesta Dress http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3107473?origin=PredictiveSearch&resultback=912

    ReplyDelete