December 24, 2010

WOULD YOU THROW YOUR DRESS SHOES IN THE WASH?


MAYBE IT'S TIME YOU DID!

I love Hudson shoes. You almost never see them because of their English roots and American men's stupid affinity for square toed shoes with rubber soles. Barf times infinity and beyond. Hudson makes real shoes -  the kind that are hand crafted from real leather, soles and all, and have the strength and character Clint Eastwood. I could spend a year featuring piece after piece from their formal wear to their casual, but their latest emphasis, the washed shoe, is something that I can really get ahold of. I love this idea. We distress everything in fashion from our jeans to our triple washed t-shirts, yet for some reason shoes have remained untouched and shiny. Sure, I loved a polished cap toe with a suit, but when I'm lugging around town in my Levi's I don't want to look like a military guy in his civ's who forgot to bring an extra pair of shoes. Perfect shoes make you look like a doofus. With hudson's process they take classic boots and  brogues and give them a feel that is classic without messing with the integrity of the craftsmanship. Below are a few that I think are tops. Check them all out HERE.

- brother
Hudson Alaska Black Multi - Washed

Hudson Cruise in Grey - Washed

Hudson Yorke Beige - Washed









No comments:

Post a Comment