December 7, 2010

MAMA DOESN'T LIKE FUGLY...

UNLESS WE'RE TALKING ABOUT AN INTENTIONAL UGG-TASTROPHE.

EMBRACE YOUR INNER UGG.
Don't knock 'em until you try 'em... and I mean that, husbands of the world. If you haven't ever tried on a pair (I dare you), you really can't open your mouth. Don't test me because I get loud. After an innocent post on my Facebook profile about my love/hate relationship with these ungodly awful shoes, I decided there was far too much intrigue (?) or maybe it was disgust (?) and therefore a blog post was born. 

CELEBS, THEY'RE JUST LIKE U(GG)S!
Here's what I believe, the UGG's hideous appearance should be wildly ignored and embraced so long as you keep their excursions into the world to a minimum (and I mean grocery store visits and long walks with your dog... okay, maybe a gym visit). Oh, and please limit sequins and graffiti and rhinestones to, um... none. Seriously, people, Jimmy Choo Uggs? Buy yourself some real Jimmy Choos, puh-lease! Below are those UGG versions we find acceptable and by acceptable, I mean in a slipper-I'm-kind-of-lazy-it's-too-cold-to-care kind of way. Got it?

UGG AUSTRALIA, CLASSIC SHORT $140 BUY HERE

UGG "CARDY" CLASSIC, $120 BUY HERE


UGG BAILEY BUTTON TRIPLET IN CHESTNUT, $180 BUY HERE 
UGG SHEEPSKIN CUFF BOOT IN BLACK, $200 BUY HERE
THESE ARE MAJORLY DISTURBING IN A FUGLY WAY, BUT YET KIND OF CUTE FOR SWEAT ATTIRE? 
Don't feel left out, Daddy, we've got some sweet fugg-tastic versions for you, too. It's true! Yay! My husband is cringing as we speak. Hilarious.

MEN'S CLASSIC SHORT UGG, $139.95 BUY HERE
Please do not purchase the slipper UGGS unless they are truly intended to be worn in your home only. I'm serious. So NOT okay. Besides, if you can purchase them at sites like PLOW & HEARTH, they will never be considered fashionable. Got it?

JUST NO.
Now, carefully go fugg yourself.

- sister

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Mary!! I didn't comment on the Facebook post because my Uggs do go with me to the grocery store from time to time...glad to know I'm not a total faux pas!

    ReplyDelete