September 9, 2010

YOU MIGHT BE OLD, BUT YOU'RE NOT DEAD.



THE LATEST ISSUE OF VMAN CELEBRATES THE SILVER FOX AND HOW TO MATURE FASHIONABLY

I'm not exactly old, but I am thirty-adjacent. In such I have found in recent years that certain things (i.e. backward baseball caps, Spiky hair and basketball shoes) are no longer appropriate for me now that I am no longer a part of the stumbling hungover to class set. With college now a distant memory, it has been difficult to say the least to find a balance between looking and acting mature, while still dressing comfortably and having a little fun with my style. I can only imagine that this dilemma will continue to grow as each year passes. The truth is - aging - at least according to the latest issue of Vman (on newstands today September 9th) isn't just about compromise, it's also about celebration, confidence and best of all - swagger. 

Illustrating their point, their issue showcases men we love who continue to grow more relevant and stylish each year. By the look of their promo shots, they are putting their money where their mouths are and featuring some of Fashion's - shall we say - more senior superstars like David Gandy, Enrique Palacios and Andres Velencoso Segura. Sure, they might not be 19 years old any more, but if that's what age does to you, then count me in.  I for one am excited to read this issue and the refreshing take on age. Why is it that every magazine in the world has to take the angle of "how to fight age" or "dressing appropriately" as though with age we fail to be sexy, sophisticated or even youthful. Cheers to Vman for reminding us that often times it's our age that makes us sexy. Check out their online magazine HERE



p.s. Notice the abundance of denim? You made fun of me for my Canadian Tuxedo last Winter (you know who you are), look who was ahead of the curve ;)

- brother


No comments:

Post a Comment