August 23, 2010

STELLA!!


MY ELDEST DAUGHTER WAS NAMED AFTER ONE OF MY FAVORITE DESIGNERS, STELLA McCARTNEY... YES, I'M OBSESSED. 

My obsession, while slightly shameful, is one based on years of studying her designs and well, coveting all things “Stella” before I could ever afford to buy any of her fabulous pieces. My first pair of Stella shoes were so expensive that I, in my single, one-income 20-somethings, had just enough to pay my astronomical SF rent and then eat top ramen for a solid 2 weeks, 6 days. A girl has to look good, right?! Back to the point at hand, Stella's fall collection resonates classic, funky chic (subjective categorization created in the head of yours truly) and has arrived with an animalistic edge... literally. Animal print is huge this season, but Stella knocked it out of the park. She is, in my personal opinion, one of the greatest designers of our generation. She gets the female body and she designs with materials so exquisite, you almost find it hard to believe she doesn't charge more. Check out the metallic strapless slightly girly, slightly sex kitten dream above. Dress it up with some killer boots or a sexy black heel. And for you ladies out there that want to release the big cat within and aren't afraid to rock an adult-sized onesie of sorts, try the full-suit romper by SM. I would. OMG. Now, if only I could find it in a 4T for my own Stella. If these looks don't do it for you, check her out online and don't miss the Stella McCartney dipped handknit cape in the process... double OMG.


-sister

No comments:

Post a Comment